We would like to invite you to our next session on Friday 29.06.2012. Uberto Barbini will speak about how to boost your Object-Orientated-Programming with Functional Programming.
The session will be held at the stylish HUB co-working space, 37 Rue du Prince Royal, 1050 Ixelles, Metro: Porte Namur + 5 min walk.
Registration and more infos via our wiki: http://wiki.brussels-jug.be/
The room capacity is limited to 30 seats, so please reserve only if you are sure to be there and please send us a mail in case of cancelling.
Give-aways: Licenses for Structure 101 and Re-Structure 101
As usual, free hugs go to our sponsors that make this fun possible: TRASYS Group, Oracle, Structure 101, CTS and Mega Banner.
Have a great week!
Chris Date should come to Brussels at the end of October 2012 to give a 2-days master class about “SQL and Relational Theory: How to Write Accurate SQL Code”.
The seminar will only take place if there are enough participants so if you are interested or just curious about course contents, feel free to drop me a line (michela[at]brujug.be).
N.B. The definitive location, dates and price will be defined soon.
JCertif 2012 Call for Papers Now Open — http://www.jcertif.com!
As some of you already know. The next edition of JCertif is coming and will take place on September 03th-09th in Brazzaville, Congo.
If you have an interesting presentation idea, we want to hear from you! We invite you to share your Java experiences with the industry and community by submitting a proposal for this far from the « classic » event ! JCertif is a mix of technical session, training, life experience and a bit of an adventure !
Many Java evangelists have participated in the past events. If you still hesitating to join us, I just want to mention a few names that we had :
- Arun Gupta (who doesn’t know him?) – Keynote JCertif 2011
- Alexis Mouchine-Pouchkine (Keynote Jcertif 2010)
- Mike Levin (Keynote JCertif 2010)
- Micheal Heinrichs (Oracle JavaFX Prague – Jcertif 2011)
- Max Bonbhel :-)
The full list of speakers for 2012 edition will be published at the end of this month.
We can guarantee:
- a life experience!
- great sessions
- free accommodation (for the speakers)
- free local transportation
- free diner etc…
- free local beer (N’Gok le choc, Primus etc…)
- and that’s not all !
Content – 5 key themes :
- Java, Java EE and Architectures : track for traditional Java, Java EE and Java SE, libraries, tools and architecture.
- Web and Cloud : a track for HTML5, CSS3, Javasript, GWT, Web architecture, Cloud Computing, App Engine, Grid, etc.
- Mobile : Android, Java ME, Web Mobile
- Other Languages on the JVM than Java : a track for Groovy, Scala, Clojure etc…
- Companies, Tools, Software development methods and Technics : Agile, Domain Driven Development, NetBeans, GlassFish, Communities and User Groups etc.
70% French and 30% English delivered by an international team of speakers.
The deadline for submission : 20 July 2012 at 11:59 PM PCT
The conference regularly attracts close to 700 Developers and engineers (the one that write some code), and managers/entrepreneurs, senior- and mid-level administrators, government employees, in addition to a significant number of corporate and other educational leaders.
How it will be organized :
- Exhibition floor : 400 m2
- JCertif University : Training/Coding session/User group meet-up : 7 Equipped rooms for 30 participants — 5 full days
- JCertif Conference : Conference and talk : 2 rooms (500 and 200 participants) — 2 full days.
More info, including pictures from the last events: http://www.jcertif.com!