The Belgian JBoss User Group organises its next event on Tuesday, October 9th 2012 from 18:30 in Kontich.
Topics of the talks are JBoss Application Server AS7 and the brand-new JBoss Enterprise Application Platform EAP 6.
Presented are these hot topics by Karoly Nagy, EMEA Senior Solutions Architect, Red Hat/JBoss.
Entry is free and no registration is required.
Business Park King Square
Veldkant 33A – 2550 Kontich
JUDCon, the JBoss Users and Developer Conference and premier JBoss Developer Event “By Developers, For Developers,” is pleased to announce that the call for papers for JUDCon:2011 London (October 31st – November 1st) is now open!
Got Something to Say? Say it at JUDCon:2011 London!
The Call for Papers is open through August 29th, 2011 and we’re looking for submissions for the following tracks: JBoss AS7 App Serve, Rules, Workflow, SOA and EAI, OpenShift/Cloud and Cool Stuff.
So what should your presentation look like? Your presentation should map to one of these formats:
- Speaking Session (60 minutes) – Speaking Sessions will be single-topic technical sessions. With a suggested time breakout of approximately 50 minutes for the presentation, 10 minutes for Q&A and moving between sessions.
- Lightning Talks (3-5 minutes) – Another option – lightning talks will be brief talks held after dinner the evening of October 31st, and are primarily designed to be a launching pad into hacking, contributing or other focused technical discus-sions. Lightning talks can be proposed at the event, so come prepared with your ideas!
What to submit: Speaking Session submission should include:
- The track that your talk will follow
- The title of your talk (max 100 characters)
- A 100 word (max) description of the presentation
- A 1500 word (max) detailed outline of the presentation
- Your name and a brief biography
- Names and bios of any co-presenters
How to submit it:
- Submit your Speaking Session proposals for JUDCon:2011 London online at http://sandsmedia.com/JUDCon_submission
- Please be sure to include all the required content – leaving out details could result in your not being selected!
- All submissions must be in no later than August 29, 2011.
If your Speaking Session proposal is accepted, you will be notified by September 5th, 2011, and the schedule will be posted at www.jboss.org. If selected, you will need to send us you’re complete presentation, in PDF format only, by October 11th, 2011.
If you have any questions about the process or your proposal, please send an email to “judconlondon2011 [ÄDD] redhat.com” with the subject line “JUDCON QUESTION.”
We wish you the best of luck with your proposal!
JBoss User Group Belgium – Upcoming event on 10th November
Dear JBoss enthusiasts,
The event is scheduled for the 10th of November and … Pete Muir is presenting!
For those who don’t know Pete, this is his bio:
“I lead the Seam, Weld and CDI TCK projects, am an adviser to the RichFaces project, and a founder of the Arquillian project. I’ve worked on a number of specifications including JSF 2.0, AtInject and CDI. I am a regular speaker at JUGs and conferences such as Devoxx (Javapolis), JAX, JavaBlend, JSFDays and JBoss World. I am currently employed by Red Hat Inc. working on JBoss open source projects. Before working for Red Hat, I used and contributed to Seam whilst working at a UK based staffing agency as IT Development Manager.”
Schedule for the event is:
18:00 – 19:00: Seam 3
19:00 – 20:00: Arquillian
RealDolmen will be our host and they’ll provide food and beverages at the office in Kontich. Dot not forget to register as seats are limited.
More info: http://jbug.be/